About me

My photo
What started out as a pastime soon turned into a hobby that turned into a passion until it eventually became a necessity. Reading is a need so beautiful that I feel I must write about it every day.

Thursday 5 April 2012

Under the spell of Marquez

Gabriel Garcia Marquez
I'm a woman possessed! From Love in the time of cholera to a collection of his morbid short stories to Of love and other demons, I'm utterly mesmerized by Marquez. If you are a frequent reader of this blog, chances are you're aware of my obsession with the Colombian novelist. To say that his books carry me away to a different world wouldn't be entirely correct. His world is just like ours but slightly more romantic, (and trust me, this is coming from someone who has never been a sucker for romance novels), its a bit more melodramatic and its a lot more...magical! I'm currently reading Of love...and enjoying every second of this epic tale.

“Do not allow me to forget you”
Gabriel García Márquez, Of Love and Other Demons 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...